Eagle Health Provides Occupational Health Services
Eagle Health is an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC) Small Business headquartered in Manassas, Virginia. We provide occupational health services through the maintenance of health in the workplace, including the prevention and treatment of diseases and management of illness, injury, and disability related to the workplace while promoting productivity and social adjustment. Eagle Health work to ensure that the highest standards of occupational health and safety can be achieved and maintained.
Why Eagle Health?
Eagle Health offers a broad range of occupational health services in maintaining a healthy, safe workforce while reducing the overall cost of health care. We offer analysis of the type of production to indicate the types of hazards typical for the economic activity, work or occupation. We review the issues that have been identified and the occupational health measures that have been previously practiced at the workplace to indicate the problem areas. We then provide plans for changes in the work environment to help ensure a healthy workplace. A more detailed list of our services can be found below.
Some examples of the services provided are:
- Emergency and Occupational Medical Care: Focuses on speedy diagnostics and improvements in health care for the full range of injuries that require emergency treatment.
- Employee Assistance Programs: Offers confidential assessments, counseling services, referrals, and follow-up services to employees who have personal and/or work-related problems.
- Flu Shots and Vaccinations: Our diagnostics systems determine if an employee is suffering from a wide-range of illness and conditions by quickly screening and determining if an employee has the flu, and take steps to treat them.
- Occupational Health Surveillance Programs: Provides information on where, how and why workers get sick or hurt on the job. This information is used to improve worker health and safety through appropriate prevention activities.
- Pre-employment Drug Testing: Collects urine samples to test for drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines, PCP, and opiates.
- Pre-employment and In-services Physical Examination: Conducted to determine if an applicant is both medically and physically capable of performing specific job functions. This may include: lift and carry tests, crawl tests, stair climbing tests, agility testing, standing tolerance, strength/muscle training, flexibility stamina and balance.
- Preventive and Health Promotion Programs: Recommends employees to engage in healthy behaviors, and make changes that reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases and other morbidities.
- Rehabilitation: Evaluates and treats workers to return them to a level of work activity that is appropriate to their functional and cognitive capacity, both of which are influence by the severity of a worker’s injuries.
Excellent customer service and exceptional staffing capabilities are two of Eagle Health’s core competencies that separate us from our competitors. Our commitment is to provide the personal attention and expertise that offers targeted solutions to help lower health care costs and promote a healthy workplace.